Logicenters and its tenant Zalando have won the Logistics Establishment of the Year 2018 award at the largest transport and logistics fair in the Nordic region. The award is presented by Intelligent Logistik.
In autumn 2018, Logicenters completed the development of a 30,000 m2 logistics facility. The project, owned by Logicenters, has now been selected as a winner at the largest transportation and logistics fair in the Nordic region. Its optimal location in the municipality of Upplands-Bro, just outside Stockholm, the environmental certification according to Green Building and optimised floor space with mezzanines on three levels have enabled the logistics facility to meet the award criteria.
The award is presented by Intelligent Logistik and aims to highlight a facility which meets a real need, is innovative and a smart solution from the perspective of flow for users and customers in its choice of logistics location, is energy efficient and provides the lowest possible environmental impact and is a workplace that safeguards the well-being of its employees.
The jury’s motivation:
“Zalando’s facility in Brunna is a step in the logistics chain that has a clear starting point to improve service for its customers. The location in Upplands-Bro is ideal for serving customers in both the Nordic region and Stockholm region with fast delivery. The design of the warehouse with three levels is a new concept which we are likely to see more of in the future – especially in Stockholm where land is expensive and difficult to access. Both the aesthetics and the logistics solution of the warehouse are at the forefront of how e-commerce warehouses will be designed in the future. Both the facility and the solution are examples of excellent interaction between cargo owners, logistics operators and property partners.”
“It feels great that this project gets attention. The development took place during an extremely busy time, but thanks to outstanding cooperation with both Zalando and Ingram everything went according to plan. Due to the Logicenters creative team we also managed to support Zalando’s growth with a temporary facility during the period,” says Matthias Kettelhoit, Head of Commercial of Logicenters.
Jury for Logistics Establishment of the Year 2018
Tobias Jonasson, Mysigma
Linda Persson, Savills
Hilda Hultén, Intelligent Logistik
Gustaf Berencreutz, Intelligent Logistik
FREJA Transport & Logistics A/S has operated from the facility in Høje-Taastrup since 2004. A new lease has now been signed between Logicenters and FREJA to extend this cooperation for a further 15 years. Additionally, the property is currently awaiting new upgrades.
The lease has now been extended between property owner Logicenters and tenant FREJA. Since 2004, the transport and logistics company has operated from the property in Høje-Taastrup in Denmark. The new agreement means that FREJA will stay until 2033, an extension of 15 years. In addition, a part of the 15,929 m2 facility will be upgraded to handle pharmaceutical products, including fitted with a new heating and cooling system.
The facility is located at Litauen Allé 6 in Høje-Taastrups TransportCenter, 15 km from Copenhagen. FREJA Transport & Logistics A/S supplies and stores goods, such as pharmaceuticals, to customers who place high demands on transport as well as warehouse logistics. Furthermore, the facility it is one of FREJA’s international cross dock locations in Denmark.
“FREJA is a key customer for Logicenters, which makes us extremely proud to extend our cooperation. We strive to be a strategic partner to our tenants and understand the importance of offering flexible facilities with modern specifications. Hence, the scheduled upgrade of the property FREJA uses,” says Mikael Sahlin Olesen, Asset Manager at Logicenters.
“We’ve always been very happy and proud of this location, and since approximately 6,000 m2 logistics warehouse needs upgrading to handle pharmaceutical products, it makes sense to conclude this agreement with Logicenters. An owner we always have had a good and developing cooperation with, and in this 15 year agreement we have built in an exit clause that gives us the degrees of freedom we as a Group Concern in growth always seek and wants to cover,” says Ulrik Rasmussen, FREJA Denmark’s CEO.
The new property built by Logicenters for Speed Group in 2018 is now to be expanded. The logistics facility will be a total of 83,000 m2 in size, equivalent to 12 football pitches. Located in strategic Viared, the environmentally-rated facility will become one of the largest in the Nordics and an important project for all the parties involved.
In just nine months, Logicenters completed a 38,000 m2 property for Speed Group in Viared, just outside Borås. This autumn, work will begin on a significant expansion to the building. A total of 45,000 m2 will be added, meeting Speed Group’s continued need for more logistics capacity. Located on Prognosgatan, the logistics facility will be half a mile long and well signed along the R40 main road.
– It is great for us to begin the development of what will ultimately be our largest facility by far. It will be larger than Globen is in volume, as well as being located in one of Sweden’s best logistics locations. This is the sixth property we have developed here in Viared and we are continuing to invest here because we have an excellent relationship with the city of Borås. They are fast-paced, forward-looking and invests a great deal in the industry, which is important considering the continued need for logistics, says Matthias Kettelhoit, Commercial Head, Logicenters.
Focus on growth and environment
Speed Group is in a growth phase and is leasing the entire logistics facility. The company estimates that five major customers will fill what will become an 83,000 m2 facility and that around 200 jobs may be created as a result of the expansion. The decision was also driven by the environmental aspect. By investing in a large facility within the logistics hub represented by Viared, internal transport is reduced. The property also has an environmental classification from Green Building.
– Every investment in our property portfolio must drive both continued growth and environmental perspectives. This property will become Speed Group’s primary logistics facility, something which is made possible well-established collaboration with both Logicenters and the city of Borås. Together, we managed to keep to a tight schedule for the first stage and now it is going to be great fun to expand. There is a positive working climate between all parties and together we will develop something outstanding for Borås, says Peter Nilsson, CEO, Speed Group.
Major investment in Viared industrial park
To date, this development with Logicenters and Speed Group is the largest project the city of Borås has worked on. The industrial park continues to grow as a logistics hub in Scandinavia and the city of Borås has been actively working to facilitate the processes. Recently, the municipality received the Årets Klättrare award from the Swedish Construction Federation, recognising its improvement through the year.
– We have been working hard to simplify and speed up the process of Logicenters’ further development, just as we do with all projects. The first stage went smoothly and with stage two, this development has become the largest project we have worked on. This will of course guarantee continued good growth with investment and jobs in the future, says Daniel Göök, Establishment Manager, Commercial Division in Borås City.
Svensk Åkeritidning (SE)
World in Property (SE)
Borås Tidning (SE)
Dagens Infrastruktur (SE)
Intelligent Logistik (SE)
Logicenters has expanded its property portfolio in Norway with the acquisition of a newly developed logistics facility in Råde, Norway. The purchase was signed with futures contracts and now the 8,000 m2 facility is ready for the tenant New Wave to move in.
In June 2017, Logicenters signed an agreement with Fauna Eiendom AS for the acquisition of a planned new development of a property in Råde, Norway. The 8,000 m2 logistics facility is now ready for the tenant New Wave to move its operations into it. The development of the facility has resulted in 1,500 m2 of office and exhibition space, as well as 6,500 m2 of warehouse space.
– We are delighted that the new modern facility for New Wave in Norway has become part of our logistics property portfolio. As the largest owner of modern logistics facilities in the Nordic region, we have high growth ambitions in Norway and also completed a deal for 44,000 m2 in Vestby during the year, says Jørgen Bråten Nordby at Logicenters in Norway.
Located around 70 kilometres from Oslo and close to the E6 motorway, the logistics facility has a strategically important position in Råde. The property is located at Torvstikkeren 10.
– We are proud to have delivered a modern logistics facility and head office in Norway for New Wave in association with our contractor Norbygg. New Wave has impressed throughout the process and there is no doubt that the company will perform even better in its new facility. With such an expert and professional developer as Logicenters, we are also convinced that the property will be in the best hands for the future. This will enable us to redistribute resources to other exciting development projects we are working on, including 500,000 m2 in a future logistics area along the E6 in Nedre Romerike, says Rasmus Os at Fauna Eiendom AS.
New Wave Group is listed on the Swedish stock exchange and is primarily active in the development and sale of various textile products aimed at the the corporate market. The company also owns the Craft sports brand.
Logicenters has now completed the extension and renovation of a 12,500 m2 logistics facility in Vallensbæk. A lease agreement has also been signed with Imerco A/S, which is now able to begin operating from the property.
In just six months, Logicenters has completed the development of a logistics facility in Denmark which is now ready for handover. The lease agreement, drawn up in March 2018, runs in collaboration with Denmark’s largest retail chain for household products, Imerco A/S.
In 2015, Logicenters acquired the 12,000 m2 property which has now been transformed into a 12,500 m2 modern logistics facility by converting large office area and low ceiling warehouse into modern high ceiling warehouse. In addition to the development the upgrade has included renovation in the form of installation of docking doors and upgrading of the property’s previous general appearance.
– We are incredibly pleased with the result of the refurbishment. The new property has several new functions which characterise a more modern logistics facility. This reflects Logicenters’ great expertise in this type of property development. We are always building and developing real estate with a focus on the future and the customer, says Mikael Sahlin Olesen, Asset Manager at Logicenters.
The logistics facility is located Park Allé 381, Vallensbæk, Denmark, a strategic location just 15 km from central Copenhagen.
Byens Ejendom (DK)
Dagens Infrastruktur (SV)
An important construction project began in January at Logicenters’ site outside Borås. Over a period of nine months, Logicenters has erected a modern logistics facility on behalf of Speed Group at the Viared logistics hub. The 38,000 square metre property has now been completed and the tenants have moved in.
During Q4 of 2017, Logicenters signed a ten-year lease with Speed Group for a logistics facility in the fast-growing Viared area, just outside Borås. Since the beginning of 2018, work has moved forward on completion of the 38,000 square metre facility. This facility will meet Speed Group’s need for more logistics space, a strategic location and flexibility.
“We are extremely satisfied with Logicenters’ working methods, which have enabled them to complete a logistics facility for us under a high-pressure time schedule. We have currently moved in three customers, and business is up and running, which is extremely exciting. It would have been impossible to achieve this in the short time frame that we had from the decision to completion without the excellent collaboration between business and the City of Borås. All of the stakeholders really want to do something good for Borås, which creates a very positive working climate, both now and in the future, in which we will work together to create more jobs,” says Peter Nilsson, CEO of Speed Group.
Logicenters sixth investment in Viared
Only 60 kilometres, 38 miles, from Gothenburg, Viared is important to Logicenters, which has invested in a number of properties in the area. This new build is located in Prognosgatan in western Viared, and also has a signboard along the R40 main road.
“Our relationship with the city of Borås is good, and we are very positive to the idea of more investment in Viared. We have now built our sixth property in the area, this time for Speed Group’s business, and we will continue to invest here,” says Matthias Kettelhoit, Commercial Head, Logicenters.
“The city of Borås has invested a lot in the little over 220 acre new industrial site, and we are very satisfied with the establishments that have been made there. This indicates a continued good growth in the region and secures jobs and investment in both the long and the short term,” says Daniel Göök, Establishment Manger, Commercial division of Borås City.
Links to article:
Logicenters, the largest owner and developer of modern logistics properties in the Nordic region, will develop a modern manufacturing facility next to Huhtamäki’s logistics center in the Käikälä industrial park in Hämeenlinna, Finland. The facility is to become a true specimen of expertise in energy-efficient construction. The construction of the facility began in July 2018 and the facility will be completed during 2019.
Energy efficiency and sustainability have been taken widely into consideration in the design of the manufacturing facility. The aim in the heating of buildings is to achieve the most energy-efficient overall solution with geothermal energy as the main form of heating, supplemented by natural gas and the waste heat from the facility’s production process. In addition to utilizing the waste heat generated in the process in the heat recovery system, the heat can also be stored in the ground and effectively used in heating the property.
Investments into energy efficiency are also planned in the external structures and lighting of the property. Wall and ceiling airtightness will be designed to meet the standards of energy-efficient building technology, and the lighting, which will use LED technology, will be controlled by an intelligent lighting system that can adjust the lighting based on conditions, among other things. The lighting solution achieved can be up to 80 percent more energy-efficient than traditional fluorescent lighting. In addition, there are plans to build a 750 kWp solar power plant on the property, as well as an energy monitoring system that can be used to monitor the energy consumption of the facility at an hourly level in more than 10 measuring points.
“Buildings make up a huge amount of the total energy consumption in Finland. Sustainability is important to us in all our operations, and we are proud to bring new innovative solutions to energy-efficient construction,” says Jani Nokkanen, Partner at NREP.
The new manufacturing facility will replace Huhtamäki’s current facility, which was built in the 1960s. YIT Oy is the construction contractor in the project.
Logicenters, the leading owner and developer of modern logistics properties in the Nordics, acquires a 9,000 sqm property from a fund managed by Auratum Kiinteistöt Oy. Located in the Moreeni industrial area of Hämeenlinna, the property is leased out to Posti Kiinteistöt Oy.
The buyer of the property built in 2012 is Logicenters. Posti operates a distribution center in the property for rigid packaging solutions manufacturer Coveris Rigid Finland, which has a factory located cost-efficiently in the neighboring building.
A passageway connects the logistics center to the factory located next door, and the logistics process between the factory and warehouse is fully automated. Excess heat generated in the factory can also be utilized in the warehouse via the heat distribution system installed between the buildings.
– We are very pleased about the opportunity to expand our portfolio in Finland with this modern logistics property. The investment is well in line with Logicenters’ strategy of developing and acquiring modern logistics properties in good locations across the Nordics. With the acquisition, we are also expanding our cooperation with Posti to Hämeenlinna, says Antti Toropainen, Investment Manager at Logicenters.
The logistics center is situated in the Moreeni logistics and industrial area of Hämeenlinna, providing a central location at the intersection between Helsinki, Tampere, Turku and Lahti. The area, located at the intersection of major freeways, is well-suited for distribution centers. Several logistics companies, large manufacturers and wholesalers operate in the area. The logistics property can be expanded in the future if additional space is needed for distribution purposes.
A new deal has been signed between Logicenters and Skanska, that concerns a new development of a distribution center in Arlandastad. Skanska will be the contractor and build a modern logistics facility with a total area of 24 600 sqm. A lease agreement is also signed with Aditro Logistics. The tenant moves in when the facility is scheduled to be completed, second quarter 2019.
The new deal between Logicenters and Skanska involves the development of a 24 600 sqm logistics facility in Arlandastad, that Logicenters acquires. The development starts immediately and Skanska is the contractor. The property is scheduled to be finished during the second quarter of 2019. The facility will have modern specifications and be adjusted to fit the tenant Aditro Logistics’s business.
– Arlanda is one of Sweden’s best logistic spots, which is the reason why we own land in the area. We are very positive about the deal with Logicenters and that we’re now starting the development, says Henrik Ahnström, Business Area Manager at Skanska Fastigheter Göteborg AB.
Arlandastad is an established corporate area in a strategic location. The area has, with is proximity to both Stockholm City and Arlanda Airport, become an important and growing node in logistics. The new logistics facility will be located at Norslunda 1:19 with great visibility from the E4 highway.
– The development in Arlandastad is completely in line with our strategy to focus on logistics facilities with modern specifications in great locations. We are proud of the collaboration with Skanska and are looking forward to when Aditro Logistics starts to utilize the building, says Matthias Kettelhoit, Commercial Head of Logicenters.
– We are excited to enter this deal and are looking forward to the collaboration with Logicenters as well as Skanska. This is the fourth unit in five years that we’re establishing together with Logicenters and we have great confidence in the development. The choice of Arlandastad is mostly based on the closeness to Stockholm to further support the strong growth we see in e-commerce. Right now, we’re projecting a completely automated solution for this building, which will strengthen our customers’ competitiveness, says Johannes Gussander, CEO at Aditro Logistics.