Logicenters and Kilenkrysset are cooperating on a joint venture outside Bålsta in Håbo municipality. A brand new logistics park is now being developed, with the aim of becoming the largest logistics hub in the region. The design of the 312,400 m2 site is already under way and the first construction projects are expected to begin before the summer.
Logicenters and Kilenkrysset have worked together for many years, developing mutual trust in each other as they have cooperated on several joint real estate projects. The two companies are now investing together in the development of a completely new logistics park. The site is located in Håbo municipality and the park will be the largest north of Stockholm. The area to be developed is 312,400 m2, of which 150,000 m2 can be used for construction.
“Taking on the creation of a completely new logistics park is a huge project for us. The area has great potential to become a logistics hub in the future and working with Kilenkrysset and Håbo municipality, we will be able to make this possible. We have good relationships with them and the cooperation has always worked well. It will be exciting to develop the area together from the outset. We are planning to begin property development at the site during the second quarter of this year,” says Matthias Kettelhoit, Commercial Head at Logicenters.
The site is a logistically strategic location at Håbo Lundby 2:8, just outside Bålsta. In close proximity to the international airport, the E18 motorway and Stockholm, it is an attractive location. In addition, railway sidings run all the way into the site, which will facilitate the future transport infrastructure.
“From Kilenkrysset’s point of view, when working to establish large real estate projects and on refinements, cooperating with partnerships is a natural part of the process and this is where Logicenters has been one of our absolute largest partners. We have already started designing the site and are filled with confidence for the establishment. The logistics park will be developed on a good site and has an optimal location with 3.5 million people within an hour’s journey,” says Jens Persson, CEO of Kilenkrysset.
“Håbo municipality is very positive about this type of establishment. We are delighted that Håbo’s strategic location is of interest for investment by companies such as Kilenkrysset and Logicenters. The establishment of the Logistics Park, of course, gives Håbo municipality the opportunity to continue good growth with more jobs in the future,” says Tobias Arvidsson, head of local government at Håbo municipality.
With high ambitions for the coming years, Logicenters has strengthened its position in the Nordic region with two important new recruits. In Sweden, Carl Johan Enegren has joined as a Business Analyst and in Denmark, Mads Fjeldhoff has strengthened the team as a Transaction Associate.
Logicenters is a leading provider of modern logistics properties in the Nordics with a presence in Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland. Investments continue to be made in the organisation, with the company strengthening its position by welcoming two new recruits, one in Sweden and one in Denmark.
Carl Johan Enegren has been recruited as Business Analyst at Logicenters’ Swedish office. He has a background in real estate and has previously worked as a property valuer at JLL. With expertise in analysis and strategy, Carl Johan will now work on preparing for future investments, business plans and developing marketing materials. He will support the entire business process from initial customer dialogue and market analysis to closed investment. In parallel with this, he will also work with business development and Logicenters’ proactive work to stay one of the leading providers of modern logistics facilities in the Nordic region.
Mads Fjeldhoff has been appointed Transaction Associate at Logicenters in Denmark. He will develop business opportunities and be involved in acquisition and lease negotiations. Mads has experience in the industry and has previously worked in market analysis and property valuation at Sadolin & Albæk (now Colliers). From there, he moved to the investment team at ATP Real Estates. While there, he was involved in a number of major transactions, including the acquisition of half of Danica’s shopping centre portfolio.
“I am incredibly proud to welcome Carl Johan and Mads to Logicenters. We need their expertise in order to fulfil our ambition of always remaining ahead of our competition, working proactively with tenants and developing Logicenters’ platform. These two recruits have already become two important assets in our team and they will definitely contribute new perspectives,” says Matthias Kettelhoit, Commercial Head at Logicenters.
Logicenters and its tenant Zalando have won the Logistics Establishment of the Year 2018 award at the largest transport and logistics fair in the Nordic region. The award is presented by Intelligent Logistik.
In autumn 2018, Logicenters completed the development of a 30,000 m2 logistics facility. The project, owned by Logicenters, has now been selected as a winner at the largest transportation and logistics fair in the Nordic region. Its optimal location in the municipality of Upplands-Bro, just outside Stockholm, the environmental certification according to Green Building and optimised floor space with mezzanines on three levels have enabled the logistics facility to meet the award criteria.
The award is presented by Intelligent Logistik and aims to highlight a facility which meets a real need, is innovative and a smart solution from the perspective of flow for users and customers in its choice of logistics location, is energy efficient and provides the lowest possible environmental impact and is a workplace that safeguards the well-being of its employees.
The jury’s motivation:
“Zalando’s facility in Brunna is a step in the logistics chain that has a clear starting point to improve service for its customers. The location in Upplands-Bro is ideal for serving customers in both the Nordic region and Stockholm region with fast delivery. The design of the warehouse with three levels is a new concept which we are likely to see more of in the future – especially in Stockholm where land is expensive and difficult to access. Both the aesthetics and the logistics solution of the warehouse are at the forefront of how e-commerce warehouses will be designed in the future. Both the facility and the solution are examples of excellent interaction between cargo owners, logistics operators and property partners.”
“It feels great that this project gets attention. The development took place during an extremely busy time, but thanks to outstanding cooperation with both Zalando and Ingram everything went according to plan. Due to the Logicenters creative team we also managed to support Zalando’s growth with a temporary facility during the period,” says Matthias Kettelhoit, Head of Commercial of Logicenters.
Jury for Logistics Establishment of the Year 2018
Tobias Jonasson, Mysigma
Linda Persson, Savills
Hilda Hultén, Intelligent Logistik
Gustaf Berencreutz, Intelligent Logistik
Logicenters will host a seminar at Logistik & Transport in Gothenburg.
Date: Tuesday, 6th November
Time: 09:30 – 12:00
The new property built by Logicenters for Speed Group in 2018 is now to be expanded. The logistics facility will be a total of 83,000 m2 in size, equivalent to 12 football pitches. Located in strategic Viared, the environmentally-rated facility will become one of the largest in the Nordics and an important project for all the parties involved.
In just nine months, Logicenters completed a 38,000 m2 property for Speed Group in Viared, just outside Borås. This autumn, work will begin on a significant expansion to the building. A total of 45,000 m2 will be added, meeting Speed Group’s continued need for more logistics capacity. Located on Prognosgatan, the logistics facility will be half a mile long and well signed along the R40 main road.
– It is great for us to begin the development of what will ultimately be our largest facility by far. It will be larger than Globen is in volume, as well as being located in one of Sweden’s best logistics locations. This is the sixth property we have developed here in Viared and we are continuing to invest here because we have an excellent relationship with the city of Borås. They are fast-paced, forward-looking and invests a great deal in the industry, which is important considering the continued need for logistics, says Matthias Kettelhoit, Commercial Head, Logicenters.
Focus on growth and environment
Speed Group is in a growth phase and is leasing the entire logistics facility. The company estimates that five major customers will fill what will become an 83,000 m2 facility and that around 200 jobs may be created as a result of the expansion. The decision was also driven by the environmental aspect. By investing in a large facility within the logistics hub represented by Viared, internal transport is reduced. The property also has an environmental classification from Green Building.
– Every investment in our property portfolio must drive both continued growth and environmental perspectives. This property will become Speed Group’s primary logistics facility, something which is made possible well-established collaboration with both Logicenters and the city of Borås. Together, we managed to keep to a tight schedule for the first stage and now it is going to be great fun to expand. There is a positive working climate between all parties and together we will develop something outstanding for Borås, says Peter Nilsson, CEO, Speed Group.
Major investment in Viared industrial park
To date, this development with Logicenters and Speed Group is the largest project the city of Borås has worked on. The industrial park continues to grow as a logistics hub in Scandinavia and the city of Borås has been actively working to facilitate the processes. Recently, the municipality received the Årets Klättrare award from the Swedish Construction Federation, recognising its improvement through the year.
– We have been working hard to simplify and speed up the process of Logicenters’ further development, just as we do with all projects. The first stage went smoothly and with stage two, this development has become the largest project we have worked on. This will of course guarantee continued good growth with investment and jobs in the future, says Daniel Göök, Establishment Manager, Commercial Division in Borås City.
Svensk Åkeritidning (SE)
World in Property (SE)
Borås Tidning (SE)
Dagens Infrastruktur (SE)
Intelligent Logistik (SE)
An important construction project began in January at Logicenters’ site outside Borås. Over a period of nine months, Logicenters has erected a modern logistics facility on behalf of Speed Group at the Viared logistics hub. The 38,000 square metre property has now been completed and the tenants have moved in.
During Q4 of 2017, Logicenters signed a ten-year lease with Speed Group for a logistics facility in the fast-growing Viared area, just outside Borås. Since the beginning of 2018, work has moved forward on completion of the 38,000 square metre facility. This facility will meet Speed Group’s need for more logistics space, a strategic location and flexibility.
“We are extremely satisfied with Logicenters’ working methods, which have enabled them to complete a logistics facility for us under a high-pressure time schedule. We have currently moved in three customers, and business is up and running, which is extremely exciting. It would have been impossible to achieve this in the short time frame that we had from the decision to completion without the excellent collaboration between business and the City of Borås. All of the stakeholders really want to do something good for Borås, which creates a very positive working climate, both now and in the future, in which we will work together to create more jobs,” says Peter Nilsson, CEO of Speed Group.
Logicenters sixth investment in Viared
Only 60 kilometres, 38 miles, from Gothenburg, Viared is important to Logicenters, which has invested in a number of properties in the area. This new build is located in Prognosgatan in western Viared, and also has a signboard along the R40 main road.
“Our relationship with the city of Borås is good, and we are very positive to the idea of more investment in Viared. We have now built our sixth property in the area, this time for Speed Group’s business, and we will continue to invest here,” says Matthias Kettelhoit, Commercial Head, Logicenters.
“The city of Borås has invested a lot in the little over 220 acre new industrial site, and we are very satisfied with the establishments that have been made there. This indicates a continued good growth in the region and secures jobs and investment in both the long and the short term,” says Daniel Göök, Establishment Manger, Commercial division of Borås City.
Links to article:
24 September saw the start of construction for the property developed by Logicenters and Skanska in Arlandastad. The logistics facility is scheduled to be available to the tenant Aditro Logistics during the second quarter of 2019.
In June 2018, Logicenters and Skanska signed an agreement for the new development and acquisition of a 24,600 m2 logistics facility. Groundbreaking took place on Monday 24 September and the development will be undertaken by Skanska. The modern logistics facility will accommodate the needs of the tenant Aditro Logistics through modern specifications and equipment such as fully automated solutions.
“We are proud to be undertaking this development with Skanska. The property is scheduled to be completed in the second quarter of 2019, enabling us to deliver a modern facility in a prime location to Aditro Logistics,” says Matthias Kettelhoit, Commercial Head at Logicenters.
Arlanda has grown into a logistics hub and is a strategic location close to both the city of Stockholm and Arlanda Airport. The logistics facility will be located at Norslunda 1:19, in a very visible site, directly adjacent to the E4.
Logicenters has been successfully established in the majority of the Nordic logistics hubs. Now, the logistics property provider is taking another important step by a new establishment in attractive Eskilstuna Logistics Park. An agreement has been signed with DHL, and now, the work to build a property on the 100,000 sqm land is starting.
Since the start, Logicenters has focused on a strong presence on the most important hubs in the Nordics. The strategy has generated good results with high demands for the facilities in top positions. The property developer is now expanding its portfolio with an establishment in Eskilstuna Logistics Park. 100,000 sqm of land has been purchased with the opportunity to construct a building of 60 000 sqm. The first step in Logicenters investment on the site will be a modern logistics of 36,000 sqm facility for DHL.
– We really believe in Eskilstuna Logistics Park and we will focus on more establishments here. The area is attractive with a well-developed infrastructure and strategic location. A good relationship with Eskilstuna Logistics Park and a quick start process make the investment even more interesting. Now, we’re starting to build a facility adapted to DHL’s needs and we are already in a dialogue about more opportunities, says Matthias Kettelhoit, Commercial Head at Logicenters.
Eskilstuna Logistics Park is as big as 420 hectares and is well-placed in the Stockholm – Mälardalen region, 10 km outside Eskilstuna. Within 60 minutes, the possible reach is 3.5 million inhabitants and, in addition to the airport located in the middle of the logistics park, the area is close to E20 and nearby railways.
– We are very pleased that Logicenters and DHL have signed an agreement to construct a modern logistics facility here. DHL establishes its 3PL operation, creating thereby great growth possibilities for the business as well as new important job opportunities in Eskilstuna. Logicenters are fast-paced and proactive, and we are already looking forward to an expanded collaboration, says David Hofmann, CEO of Eskilstuna Logistik och Etablering AB.
Possibility of unique rail connection
On Logicenters new property, there are railway tracks from Svealand Railway all the way to the planned property. The existing railway creates the possibility to easily customize the facility to have railroad connection directly to the distribution center to be built on behalf of DHL.
– We are very happy to establish in Eskilstuna, which is a very strategic place in the Nordic region from a logistical perspective. We are also pleased with the cooperation with Logicenters and Eskilstuna Logistics Park. Logicenters is a flexible partner who has been very responsive to our needs, says Anders Mars, Head of Business Development & Account Management at DHL Supply Chain Nordics.
The advisor on the transaction and the lease is JLL.
Brunna Logistikpark, 30 km north of Stockholm, will be the new site for Bythjul Norden’s distribution business. Logicenters has signed a seven-year lease agreement with the tire reseller regarding the Viby 19:102 property at Mätarvägen 27. Brunna is a strategically well situated logistic park for e-commerce actors. Logicenters also leases to Bythjul’s future neighbour Autoglas. In addition, a property has been built for Zalando in the same area. Bythjul will be moving into a 11 319 sqm property, specially adapted for its operations at the end of 2018.
– This property offers very good communications to other parts of Sweden with its close proximity to Stockholm. In addition to the strategic location, there are also good opportunities to adapt the property to any future needs, which is not uncommon for e-commerce companies, says Matthias Kettelhoit, Commercial Head of Logicenters.
The facility is a new investment for Bythjul which will be now insourcing its logistics solution from a previous third-party provider. Thus, improving its customer offer. In 2015, Bythjul had an area of 3 500 sqm. Now, three years later, they are moving to a facility three times larger. The move also involves 30 new jobs within the company.
– When we decided to rent our own warehouse instead of using a third-party solution, it was important to work with a partner who understands the requirements and has the ability to adapt to our needs. Logicenters is absolutely best suited for the task and with the strategically located property in Brunna, we see potential for improving our customer offer, says Jan-Erik Stock, COO at Bythjul Norden.
Bythjul is the Nordic region’s largest e-commerce for tires and rims, active in Sweden, Norway and Finland. With a turnover of more than 300 million and a Nordic service station network consisting of over 1 200 service stations, Bythjul ensures high service from north to south. Bythjul is owned by Mobivia, which operates Europe’s largest independent workshop chains. Mobivia has a turnover of more than 27 billion and has 22 000 employees in 19 countries.
A new deal has been signed between Logicenters and Skanska, that concerns a new development of a distribution center in Arlandastad. Skanska will be the contractor and build a modern logistics facility with a total area of 24 600 sqm. A lease agreement is also signed with Aditro Logistics. The tenant moves in when the facility is scheduled to be completed, second quarter 2019.
The new deal between Logicenters and Skanska involves the development of a 24 600 sqm logistics facility in Arlandastad, that Logicenters acquires. The development starts immediately and Skanska is the contractor. The property is scheduled to be finished during the second quarter of 2019. The facility will have modern specifications and be adjusted to fit the tenant Aditro Logistics’s business.
– Arlanda is one of Sweden’s best logistic spots, which is the reason why we own land in the area. We are very positive about the deal with Logicenters and that we’re now starting the development, says Henrik Ahnström, Business Area Manager at Skanska Fastigheter Göteborg AB.
Arlandastad is an established corporate area in a strategic location. The area has, with is proximity to both Stockholm City and Arlanda Airport, become an important and growing node in logistics. The new logistics facility will be located at Norslunda 1:19 with great visibility from the E4 highway.
– The development in Arlandastad is completely in line with our strategy to focus on logistics facilities with modern specifications in great locations. We are proud of the collaboration with Skanska and are looking forward to when Aditro Logistics starts to utilize the building, says Matthias Kettelhoit, Commercial Head of Logicenters.
– We are excited to enter this deal and are looking forward to the collaboration with Logicenters as well as Skanska. This is the fourth unit in five years that we’re establishing together with Logicenters and we have great confidence in the development. The choice of Arlandastad is mostly based on the closeness to Stockholm to further support the strong growth we see in e-commerce. Right now, we’re projecting a completely automated solution for this building, which will strengthen our customers’ competitiveness, says Johannes Gussander, CEO at Aditro Logistics.